Monday, February 20, 2006

A mouse is a mouse is a mouse!

Hickory dickory dock!
The mouse ran up the clock. . .
The clock struck one
The mouse ran down
Hickory dickory dock!

At one in the afternoon, my mouse which has been giving trouble for sometime now and reached the stage of 'run down' condition gave up! I am talking about the computer mouse invented by Douglas Engelbart!

I recollected my earlier days with the computer. The 486 computer I was using, was just similar to a typewrtite in use. I did not bother much about the mouse. The necessity to use the mouse made me play a computer game. A mathematics game. The quick addition, subtraction, multiplication and division by moving your mouse as fast as you can will give you titles - Math pro, Math Genius and so on and if you are really fast and all correct will get the title - Einstein!
I suggested this game to all the new users of mouse. . .
(If anyone wants to know about this game, write to me through - your reflections. Will try to send it by mail!)

But this addiction to mouse made my working with the keyboard difficult. Switching of the Num lock and moving the mouse through the arrow keys was really boring. As usual I looked up to the internet for solution. After going the entire page I found that my mouse is still not working. I scrolled down the page. It said,

"If you've tried all of our troubleshooting tips to no avail and are now out of options, it's time to go shopping. Here are a few shopping tips to keep in mind as you browse the aisles of your local computer store."

Thats the end of the story. . . I bought a new basic optical mouse, but keeping the tips given by the websites in mind!

No comments: